Monday, July 28, 2014

1-4.5 | Tucked Away


I know what you’re thinking, that I really got over Iris quickly to have loved her so much. The truth is, I’ll never fully get over her. How can I? She was my first love, the one I built my hopes and dreams around. The one I just knew I would be with forever. How can someone get over that? Not just the immense love, but the dreams they have that center around that love and that person?

The necklace is tucked away but my love for Iris is still in my heart where it will always be burning as a reminder that love is all we need.

For my sanity, for my sake, I must put her out of my mind or I will never move on and that isn’t healthy. I need to breathe, to heal, to find a way to love again. 

I wore your love around my neck, 
represented by a necklace 
crafted with your very own hands.

I wore your love around my neck,
Representing everything you are;
Beauty, love, and pleasure.

I wore your love around my neck,
Representing all we were; 
Young lovers with dreams.

I no longer wear your necklace around my neck,
For it has become a noose. 

-Olaf

Goodbye Iris. A part of me will always love you, forever and always. 

---

Note: Poem written by Melony

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Just..wow. That fact you wrote that poem blows me away. It was beautiful and heartbreaking and so full of meaning! I hope this means Olaf is really ready to move on for good. Also, did I mention I really love that poem? Wow.

    I loved this so much!

    ReplyDelete